10 Questions To Ask Before An IELTS Test
You’re appearing in one of the most demanded tests of the world and you should waste no opportunity of clearing it. You know there are millions of people appearing in IELTS from around the world. If you take it lightly, you’ll only lose an opportunity to get into your favorite university, get into your favorite country, or get your dream job in a multinational. You may have all the experience of the world, but when you cannot express yourself properly, no one would be interested to hire you on a managerial position.
In short, you should take this English language testing seriously, and leave no stone unturned even though you may be a native English speaker. There are plenty of Calgary IELTS preparation centers where you can prepare for the core, and in this post, you will understand other related things that you should know at the first place.
So, without further ado, let’s get straight to the questions:
Questions to Ask Before the Test
1. How do you register for test? You need to visit the website of the IELTS test center for details. You can register directly for test on that website.
2. What if you were absent due to sickness on the day of test? If you are unable to attend due to a serious medical condition and provide a medical certificate within 5 days of the test date, you will receive a refund minus the local administrative cost.
3. What if you want to cancel your application? In this situation, you need to contact the test center. For example if you’re in Edmonton, you have to contact the Edmonton IELTS Test center where you’re booked, and find the right answer.
4. What’s the cost of IELTS? In Canada, The Academic and General Training tests are the same cost and range between $295 and $315 depending on the location.
Related to Test
5. What kinds of accents can be heard in listening and speaking tests? As IELTS is an international test, a variety of English accents are used in both of these tests.
6. What do you need for speaking test? You must bring the same identification documents (ID) you supplied on your IELTS Application Form and continue to use the same ID for each part of the test.
7. Can I change the sequence of tests at will? Simple answer is No! You do the Listening component first followed by the Reading and Writing components of the test. Depending on the test center, the Speaking test may be taken up to 7 days either before or after the test date.
8. What items should you bring with you in examination hall? Only pens, pencils and erasers. You must bring the passport/national identity card you used on the IELTS Application Form to the test.
9. Is making notes allowed on the question paper? Yes. The IELTS Examiner will not see your question paper.
10. What are the rules of IELTS test? Test rules and guidelines can be found on the Notice to Candidates provided in the IELTS Application Form. Also read the Information for Candidates booklet carefully so that you understand the test format and know what to expect on test day.